UPSCALE was happy to be part of the jury for the 29th David Campbell Trophy Paris and the 11th David Campbell Junior Trophy events organised by AICR Paris.
The David Campbell Trophy has rewarded for several years the best receptionist from Paris hotels, as well as the best junior receptionist (hotel school student or apprentice) from France.
Visit hotelreception.org/tdc2019 to watch the candidates’ videos as well as the contest requirements
In recent years, the competition has been a great success with the younger generations, which demonstrates their enthusiasm for the profession and the motivation of the teachers who are mentoring them.
In total, 15 professional and 38 junior candidates prepared a 60-second video in English for the pre-selection this year. After this phase, 15 professionals and 20 students presented a 4-minute video simulation in English for the qualifier.
The competition final took place on December 6 in a magnificent Suite at Hotel Le Meurice. It brought together, before a panel of professionals and professors, 10 professionals and 10 students who were subjected to a situation full of surprises and challenges.
The day ended with a ceremony in the magnificent Meurice’s Pompadour ballroom where the participants and their families gathered along with members of the Committee, the Jury, Professors, Hoteliers, Sponsors, Sympathizers, AICR Friends & former competition winners.
The professional laureates
- Maude Prêtre, receptionist at the Shangri-La Paris, wins the Paris 2019 David Campbell Trophy
- Swannie Dennery, receptionist hotel Le Meurice is the 2nd runner-up
- Manon Marrier d’Unienville, receptionist hotel Le Meurice is the 3rd runner-up
Maude Prêtre will be participating in the international final of
the David Campbell Trophy in Warsaw in February 2022
The Junior Trophy laureates
- Liliane Brousse, student at Lycée technique et hôtelier de Monaco, wins the David Campbell Trophy Junior 2019
- Aurélie Siffert, student at Ecole hôtelière et de tourisme Paul Augier in Nice is the 2nd runner-up
- Florine Marsoudet, student at Lycée d’Occitanie à Toulouse is the 3rd runner-up
We would like to thank the organiser of the David Campbell Trophy for this successful event and we extend our congratulations to the participants as well as those who supported them in preparing the competition.