The annual congress from the Amicale Internationale des Chefs de Réception (AICR) took place in Warsaw last week. Nikola Farkas won the International David Campbell Trophy for Austria!
The 15 candidates, who had previously won the David Campbell Trophy from their local section, met in Warsaw a few days prior to the event for the international competition. The represented sections were:
- Germany: Sascha Haiss, Brenner’s Park Hotel & Spa
- Australia: Debotri Chaudhuri, InterContinental Adelaïde
- Austria: Nikola Farkas, Hotel Sacher Vienne
- Côte d’Azur: Doriane Barillé, Terre Blanche Hôtel Tourettes
- Dubai: Anastassyia Kim, Fairmont The Palm Dubaï
- Spain: Silvia Diaz Velasco, Melià Castilla Hotel Madrid
- Estonia: Anna Klas, Hilton Tallinn Park
- Italy: Giulia Erario, Domidea Hotel Rome
- Paris: Maude Pretre, Shangri-La Paris
- Poland: Karolina Bolek, The Bridge Wroclaw MGallery
- Qatar: Salina Nashashibi, Sheraton Grand Doha
- Czech Republic: Lenka Dubinska, Mandarin Oriental Prague
- United Kingdom: Erika Natalini, Hotel Café Royal Londres
- Singapore: Mohamed Azmi Idris, Four Seasons Singapour
- Switzerland: Sarah Serisser, Hôtel Président Wilson Genève
Here is a video from the David Campbell Trophy
By the end of the evening, the names of the 2020 winners were revealed:
Nikola Farkas, receptionist at Sacher Hotel in Vienna (AICR Austria) won the Receptionist Of The Year (ROTY) award!
Upscale extends its warmest congratulations to the winners as well as to all participants!
See you next year for a new AICR congress in Qatar